Sunday, April 29, 2012

When you're having fun

Five Months ago today, at this moment, I was lying in a hospital bed, with my newborn baby snuggled up against me, in complete awe at this little lady, and the fact that this was my new life. That she was ours, and life was forever changed.

And now, I'm still in awe of her every day. And of us. Our resiliency. Our adaptability. Our capacity to love more than one could ever think possible. Our ability to survive on such little sleep... Ok ok, I had to get that in there.

And now, she's five months old... she's babbling, and playing, taking (backwards) steps in her walker, sitting up, and getting ready to start solids. And, after a rough start to this whole 'sleep' thing that life apparently requires, she's is currently fast asleep in her crib, and has been for over two hours, without mama having to go back into the room even once. And that's -after- putting herself to sleep, quietly and calmly. It is entirely impossible to describe how proud I am of her, so I'll just leave you with today.

Five whole months. Tenley Harper, I love you!


0 comments: